What we have in common, it seems, are our answers to this famous, now on-line personality questionnaire http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/proust-questionnaire I found it following a conversation with my unpaid shrink and co-conspirator Kristy about The Actor’s Studio and the 10 Bernard Pivot questions host James Lipton asks guests to answer at the end of their interviews. Supposedly, it’s taken from the series of thought-provokers author Marcel Proust–the man who wrote the longest paragraphs in creation–entertained.
So, here’s the deal this quiet Saturday morning: I’ll tell you mine. But you have to share at least one of yours. Here goes:
1. What is your favorite word? clarity
2. What is your least favorite word? poverty
3. What turns you on? collaborating with a fellow creative
4. What turns you off? someone arbitrarily announcing something is impossible
5. What sound do you love? my daughter’s voice
6. What sound do you hate? the silence after a painful phone call ends
7. What is your favorite curse word? well, crap (although Kate says I have a mighty fine lexicon 😉
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? phototography
9. What profession would you not like to do? anything that keeps me confined to one place for too long
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? the words don’t matter so much if I’m there…but I can’t wait to hear God whistle for the dogs I’ve loved
Okay. Your turn.